Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Cultural Therapist

I’ve asked people over and over again and I ask you listeners to do me a favor- when you call in, please do not call me a liberal. I am neither a liberal nor a conservative- the whole left/right, Liberal/Conservative thing is a burnt out absurdity which ultimately describes nothing at least with respect to me. What it does is to offer sanctuaries of vitriol to both “conservatives” and to “liberals”, safe houses of hatred to hurl insults at each other. So what am I? I am a citizen of the United States of America and as such it is my right and my responsibility to listen to all the voices in the political cacophony and try to make good choices with my vote. Again, I am a native born citizen of the United States of America and I pledge my allegiance to Truth.

So again, others have asked… What is this thing you’re doing, your books and talks and radio show and the like? I thought about it deeply and concluded that I’m a CULTURAL THERAPIST. A What? A Cultural Therapist, one who contemplates his or her culture and tries to sponsor the ideals of that culture while trying to heal the denied and repressed issues that distort the truth and destiny of that culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment